frequently asked questions

What age groups do you enroll?

For 2018-19 school year, the primary classroom will have children between 2.5 and 6 years of age.

Yes, I am licensed through the Department of Early Learning. My provider ID is 1276209 . I am licensed for children ages 18 months to 6 years, and for a capacity of 6 children.

are you licensed?

Due to new regulations passed this year, I am currently unable to accept DSHS subsidies. I am working with my Early Achievers coach to fulfill the requirements to be able to accept subsidies in the very near future.

do you accept dshs subsidies?

I am licensed for up to 6 children, but only have 3-5 children in the classroom, depending on the day and time. I am currently the only staff person, but my husband, who works from home, is also trained as an assistant (First Aid/CPR, TB test, background check, 30 STARS hours). He may help occasionally during transitions, but is mostly in his office working as a software engineer.

What is your ratio?

Do you offer a two morning option?

In order to maintain the consistency of the classroom, and help your child learn the classroom routines, I only accept 3- or 4-day enrollments.

Because the school operates from our private home, we ask that you please disclose the vaccination status of yourself and your child prior to entering our home. If you or your child has a documented medical exemption for one or more vaccines, please email me so that we speak on the matter privately. If you are attempting to set-up a tour of the school, I may ask for the vaccination statuses of all visitors to ensure the health and safety of our family as well as the children in attendance at our school.

Below are the WACs outlining immunization requirements for family home daycares.

Immunization tracking.

The licensee is required to track each child's immunization status. The licensee must:

(1) Except as provided in WAC 170-296A-3275 or 170-296A-3300, have a complete current certificate of immunization status (CIS) form or similar form supplied by a health care professional for each child, submitted on or before the child's first day of child care;

(2) Develop a system to update and keep individual immunization records current to include when immunizations are received; and

(3) Have the CIS or similar forms for each currently enrolled child available in the licensed space for review by the licensor.

Accepting a child who does not have current immunizations.

(1) The licensee may accept a child who is not current with immunizations on a conditional basis if immunizations are:

(a) Initiated before or on enrollment; and

(b) Completed as soon as medically possible.

(2) The licensee must have on file a document signed and dated by the parent or guardian stating when the child's immunizations will be brought up to date.

do you accept immunization exemptions?

For the current academic year, I do not require a security deposit or registration fee.

Do you require a security deposit or registration fee?

We are not an allergy-free school. We have a cat and a dog in the home, and snacks are not allergy-free. However, if your child has allergies and you are willing to come up with a plan with the school to keep them protected from allergens, I am happy to sit and discuss a strategy with you.

Are you an allergy-free school?

We offer a morning snack and an afternoon snack, but most children have had breakfast in the morning and choose not to have snack. We ask families to provide a lunch, in case their child does not want any of the snack offered that day. This way, they have something familiar from home to eat. Vise-versa, should your child not be interested in their lunch from home one day, they may be interested in the snack we offer. This way, they have options throughout the day of what they would like to eat.

Snacks are varied, but may repeat throughout the week. Typically, I offer a combination of a protein, a fruit, a grain, and a vegetable. Milk and water are available during snacks and lunch, although after 2-3 servings of milk, I usually switch to water.

Do you provide snacks and lunch?

Nap/quiet time takes place between 1-3pm, although we start the transition at 12:30pm. I push aside the large table in the middle of the room, close the curtains, and turn down the lights. Each napping child has a floor mat, and families provide a crib sheet and blanket. Some children need help falling asleep (patting their backs, rubbing their heads, etc..), but most children fall asleep very quickly after a long morning of activities and lunch. I also turn on a white noise maker to drown out ambient sounds inside and outside of the house (vehicles driving by, our dog barking, knocks on the door, etc..).

I do not practice sleep training at the school.

How do you do naptime?

In order to enroll in the primary-aged (2.5-6 years) classroom, your child must either know how to eliminate in the toilet, or have begun learning how to use the toilet. If you would like advice on how to start the toilet learning process with your child, please feel free to reach out to me.

Does my child need to be toilet trained?